Leiden Dog Groomer
I have been grooming dogs for the last 7 years,I try to make the grooming experience as comfortable as possible for the dog and owner. The dogs are groomed in my home (an apartment near the Vijf Meilaan). Your dog will never be waiting for his turn in a cage. I use minimum restraints and keep the dog as calm as possible. I do not rush through it. If the dog needs a break we take a little walk and begin again. For extreme cases, grooming can be done in two parts on different days. This results in no cuts or scratches and a happy hond.I use the best grooming products for the dogs. Different dogs have different types of fur and skin. I use the products most appropriate for your specific dog.
|Hollywood Hondentrimmer & Dog Services|
Your dog will never be waiting for his turn in a cage. I use minimum restraints and keep the dog as calm as possible. I do not rush through it. If the dog needs a break we take a little walk and begin again. For extreme cases, grooming can be done in two parts on different days. This results in no cuts or scratches and a happy hond.
I only use the best products
-for your specific dog.
Different dogs have different types of fur and skin. I always use the products most appropriate for your specific dog and/or specific condition.
Recommended for dogs that require……trimming, shaving, thinning, and/or plucking.
Double wash, condition, massage, de-tangle, brush, blow-dry, nails, ears, cut, trim, style, anal glands, l lose hair removal, & thinning (if needed).
Flea & Tick treatments (long term & short term), Alternative styling, Accessories, Maintenance Packages, Partial Packages, & more.
Time: Approximately 3-4 hours
★ I can walk your dog before the bath and when needed.
|Yorkshire Terrier Grooming example.|
Hollywood Hondentrimmer, Leiden
To stimulate growth, all the fur was slightly trimmed.
For a more vibrant youthful appearance, the face was trimmed into the teddybear style.
This style is very popular with Yorkshire Terriers.
The aim of the teddybear face is fluffy fur styled into a round or heart-shaped frame surrounding the face. The thicker and fuller the coat, the better the teddybear style.
|Molly Yorkie grooming|
Taking more length off the head, would result in a fuller 'teddybear' style; however, Molly looks much cuter in her accessories- which are less applicable with shorter fur.
To bring back the shine we used a shampoo and conditioner that help rejuvenate the natural oils in the skin and coat.
We also did an oil treatment the seal the natural skin and coat oils into the fur.
Grooming King Charles Cavalier: Mrv. Jensen (female)
Brushing & Matting
Loose puppy skin can easily get nicked by grooming clippers and cut by scissors. This contributes to all the challenges of detangling & grooming a matted puppy. Irritated puppy skin can also get ripped by trying to brush out matts close to the skin.
Maintenance Paws & Nails
- The paws are very sensitive, especially between the paw pads. To help your dog be more comfortable with paw maintenance (trimming, nails, etc), stimulate the areas between the paw pads to help your dog get used to contact in these sensitive areas.
- Fur growing between the paw pads must be kept short. The fur not only collects dirt, but it also can eliminate traction and reduce the sense of touch. Fur growing over the paw pads is like wearing socks all the time which can cause the dog to slip on slick surfaces.
- Fur between the paw pads can get matted and collect gum and other matting material. This can become extremely uncomfortable for the dog.
- Dog's nails are filed automatically by walking on rough surfaces (sidewalk/ street). Long fur on the underside of the paw prevents the natural filing of the claws. Claws should be kept short for safety and comfort.
- Becasue black claws can only by trimmed by a professional or someone with experience, it is I recommend intentionally walking the dog on rough surfaces to promote the natural filing of the claws that can become extremely uncomfortable & even painful for a dog.must be kept short.
- keep up with brushing maintenance to familiarize your dog with brushing
- Have your dog groomed and trimmed before any operation
- Cut out matted fur to avoid matting on the skin, irritation, and discomfort.
- Get a puppy/dog you can care for (check what maintenance the dog requires before getting it)
- Get your puppy groomed early; before adult coat has grown in